How to put up Mawashi
Mawashi represent Japan’s important culture of tying
- (1) After folding the belt in four, unfold the one end and put it between your legs.
- (2) Hold the belt at your back with your left hand and turn around clockwise.
- (3) At your third rotation, fold the front end of the belt in four and put it into the belt at your right hip.
- (4) Then, turn around one or twice and tie the belt together.
- It is advisable for trainees to cooperate with each other in wearing the belt .
- It is sanitary to wear a supporter under the belt.